Change Your Life, Superhero!
Set concrete goals for YOUR growth and transformation.
SMART Goals are:
Specific (You state clearly what you’re trying to achieve, and WHY.)
Measurable (You have a way to quantify if you’ve reached it.)
Action-oriented/Attainable (It’s within your capabilities/resources to complete.)
Realistic/Relevant (It is achievable and you care about it.)
Time-Bound (You’ve set a deadline for completion.)
- Express your goal in one sentence. Is your goal abstract or unmeasurable?
- WHY do you want to reach this goal? What’s your emotional driver?
- What will your life look like when you reach your goal? List concrete details.
- How prepared do you feel to reach this goal? (Look at your current support, mindset, and habits.)
- How much time are you giving yourself to accomplish your goal? Is it realistic?
- How will you quantify your goal, so you’ll know when you’ve reached it?
- How will you track progress, to see where you need to tweak your strategy/action steps?
- What accountability will you add to reach your goal?
- What safe/supportive community will you add to push toward your goal?
- Is your goal within your capabilities? Is it reasonably possible to attain?
- What barriers do you know will make it harder to reach this goal?
- What will keep you motivated to stay the course in the face of obstacles or “failure”?
- Does your goal depend on anyone else’s cooperation or support to be accomplished?
- Do you need to gain knowledge, technical skills, or life skills for this goal?
- Do you need to change your mindset to reach your goal? (Growth vs. Limited)
- Is this really YOUR goal, or someone else’s?
- Are you willing to sacrificially give your time, money, and energy to this?
- What are you NOT willing to give up or take on to reach this goal?
- When will you start the goal?
- What task deadlines do you need to set to accomplish it?
- How will you celebrate each milestone? (Don’t wait until you reach your goal!)
Questions to Consider
- What are the benefits you see from accomplishing this goal?
- Is the “success” of this goal based on your wants/needs? Or another’s?
- Is your goal in line with your life vision/life plan? (Do you have a life vision/life plan?)
- What do you need to say “YES” to?
- What do you need to say “NO” to?
- WHO do you need to say “NO” to?
- If you had zero fear and no other considerations, what would you do right now to make your goal happen?
- What will happen if you don’t achieve your goal?